Raspberry Ripple Cake
Whip up this old-fashion favorite!
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (110g)
- 300g, chopped, at room temperature
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Pink food colouring, to tint
- Extra 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- icing sugar to decorate
- Grease a 19 x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Spread raspberries over a plate lined with absorbent kitchen paper, stand for about 30 minutes, or until thawed.
- Place butter, sugar, eggs, milk and flour in a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Process for a further 30 seconds., or until smooth and well combined.
- Drop half the mixture, in spoonfuls, into prepared pan. Don't Mix.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to remaining mixture in food processor, scrape down the side of the bowl. Add the thased raspberries. Pulse twice. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into pan. Gently swirl mixtures together to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle with extra frozen raspberries.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven 160°C for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cene come out clean. Remove from the oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving dst with sifted icing sugar.
- This cake can be made u to two day ahead. Store in an airtight container.
Images kindly provided by Christine Lowe
Follow her on instagram @christineluey
Recipe: The New Idea Test Kitchen